Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Department Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide electrical engineering and project leadership to support existing Total Artificial Heart System products in sustaining engineering and manufacturing as required by business needs.
- Maintain good documentation practices for all aspects of work, especially with regard to experimental work.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Continue education and training in analog and digital circuit design and layout. Demonstrate continual improvement.
- Analyze analog, digital and microprocessor circuits.
- Achieve and maintain familiarity with all circuit peripherals.
- Support investigations for customer experiences associated with but not limited to electrical engineering items with full supporting documentation maintained throughout.
- Support sustaining projects and activities in whatever capacity is required.
Role Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and understand electrical circuits used in Driver Systems.
- Create and revise requirement and component specifications in accordance with established design and document control procedures.
- Develop manufacturing test processes by designing and modifying equipment for product verification and final acceptance testing with full supporting documentation maintained throughout.
- Assure electrical system and product quality by designing and documenting testing methods and supporting execution thereof.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests in a complete and concise manner and author supporting documentation as applicable.
- Maintain system and product electrical schematics and printed circuit board assembly drawings as well as all supporting and associated documentation (e.g. DCRs, BOMs, design descriptions, work instructions, etc.).
- Proficiency in printed circuit board design software (e.g. Altium, OrCAD, etc.).
- Actively participate in product transfer into manufacturing and ensure engineering and quality documentation requirements are achieved.
- Research and champion an understanding of regulatory requirements as related to electrical engineering for SynCardia products.
- Participate in related company projects to gain a solid working understanding of SynCardia business and quality systems.
Responsibility and Authority Affecting Quality
- Identify and record potential problems relating to the product, process and Quality System.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Record and/or report all instances of customer feedback on product.
- Participate in nonconformance reporting of electrical systems and verify the implementation of solutions.
- Actively participate in corrective and preventative action meetings and assignments to address top quality priorities.
Skills and abilities (required for the job)
- Demonstrate continual improvement in all areas of work, especially where a need has been identified. Show active efforts to improve where needed and prevent recurrence of issues requiring correction through proper planning, execution and iteration until resolution is complete.
- Electrical system analysis.
- Troubleshoot analog, power, and digital circuits to the component level.
- Presenting technical information.
- Quality focus.
- Excellent documentation practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Understanding of root cause failure investigation methods.
- A team player with strong professional ethics.
- Experience with product validation, failure modes effects analysis, and test system architecture.
- Understanding of the use and limitations of test equipment including oscilloscope, multimeters, current probes and other electronic equipment.
- Able to develop diagnostic methods and tools required to improve troubleshooting and repair.
- Lithium-ion polymer battery experience is a plus.
- Experience with Software programming languages such as C / C++ /VB.NET/ C#.NET / LabVIEW is a plus.
- Experience with remote programming control of test equipment and development of test fixtures is a plus
Education, experience and training (required for the job)
BS in Electrical Engineering and 3 or more years of similar industry experience
BS in Electrical Engineering and MS in Engineering
A documented history of demonstrating exceptional performance within SynCardia may reduce experience requirements.
- Work Station Area: Office
- Special Factors in the Work Area: None
The working environment is indoors and is seasonally heated and cooled with minimal noise levels.
The position requires considerable sitting, typing and the ability to move objects of less than 25 pounds.
The position requires the ability to communicate in person, telephonically and via email.
The position requires frequent travel (every one to two months).
Interested in applying for this position? Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org