Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Department Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- The role is responsible for working cross functionally with engineering, operations, and manufacturing, you will take the lead on the planning and procurement of materials for R&D and production
- Support the monthly Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) processes to ensure uniform adoption across the divisional supply chain planning groups
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates, adjusts, and expedites purchase orders based on MRP (material requirements planning) along with pertinent information being used to run the business, i.e., schedule adherence, S&OP, etc.
- Generates buy action based on authorized spending amount
- Collaborates with the Planning Team to maintain optimal inventory levels and find the proper priorities for material support
- Tracks and monitors purchase orders, keeping informed of any problems/delays and advertises any impacts/constraints to the core team
- Responsible to resolve supplier related problems (works closely with vendors to assure a positive and professional relationship always establishing and maintaining open lines of communication)
- Controls assets at suppliers, disposing of obsolete assets and monitoring the age of others.
- Reviews and approves all raw material document change orders
- Maintains accurate purchasing master data, ASL, info record, etc.
- Interfaces with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Regulatory to ensure timely throughput and proper prioritization of materials received
- Formulates purchasing decisions to achieve 100% internal customer service, targeted inventory safety stock and least total cost material procurement
- Identifies expired, excess, and obsolete materials and dispositions the material appropriately
- Support process adherence and master data accuracy for demand planning, replenishment and inventory planning and optimization within the scope of SI&OP Expandable a recognized leader in supply chain planning software
Role Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing the financial structure and inventory storage capabilities of the business.
- Analyze and inform supply chain performance and diagnose key improvement areas (e.g., forecast accuracy, supply variability, Inventory DIOH, service level, backorder, E&O etc.).
- Monitors and advertises quality and delivery performance to the supplier and Sourcing Team; Responsible to resolve supplier related problems (works closely with vendors to assure a positive and professional relationship always establishing and maintaining open lines of communication)
- Typically manages moderate to high complexity commodities and expense items
- Counting and tracking inventory across multiple locations.
- Anticipating stock demands based on current and future business functions.
- Analyzing and anticipating market trends for the best time to purchase inventory.
- Creating inventory reports and presenting suggestions to the supply manager.
- Ensuring the business has a steady flow of stock without overcapitalizing on materials.
- Suggesting changes to inventory warehousing to meet increased or reduced demand.
Responsibility and Authority Affecting Quality
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to the product, process and Quality System.
- Identify and record potential problems relating to the product, process and Quality System.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Record and/or report all instances of customer feedback on product.
Skills and abilities (required for the job)
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent writing skills,
- Strong organizational skills,
- Detail oriented / Attention to detail,
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously,
- A team player / collaborative
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced mathematical and analytical skills including ability to analyze large datasets in Excel, Access, Power BI, etc.
Education, experience, and training (required for the job)
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain management or related required
3+ years of experience in logistics, Planning, Supply Chain Management, Supply Planning, Procurement, or equivalent required
Experience with ERP/MRP tools (Expandable, Oracle, JDE, SAP, etc.) required
APICS or other related certifications – preferred
1. Work Station Area: on-site Office
2. Special Factors in the Work Area:
The working environment is indoors and is seasonally heated and cooled with minimal noise levels.
The position requires considerable sitting, typing and the ability to move objects of less than 25 pounds.
The position requires the ability to communicate in person, telephonically and via email.