SynCardia is currently seeking a Warehouse Associate to join our team in Tucson, AZ 85713.
Who We Are
Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, SynCardia was founded in 2001 by renowned cardiothoracic surgeon Jack G. Copeland, MD; biomedical engineer Richard G. Smith, MSEE, CCE; and interventional cardiologist Marvin J. Slepian, MD. Today, SynCardia is the sole manufacturer and provider of the world’s only commercially approved total artificial heart. In clinical use for more than 35 years, the SynCardia temporary Total Artificial Heart (TAH) is the most widely used and extensively studied total artificial heart in the world.
About the Role
Perform all Warehouse duties including but not limited to shipping, receiving, inventory control, cycle counts, storage, distribution, product sanitation, shop orders.
What You’ll Do:
- Ship SynCardia product and materials in compliance with Quality requirements.
- Issue and close return material authorizations (RMAs) for the return of SynCardia product and/or materials.
- Receives deliveries and checks accuracy of invoices, identification, and inventory of property, supplies, and materials in compliance with Quality requirements.
- Checks incoming material for quantity against invoices, purchase orders, packing slips, contract order release forms, or other documents.
- Receives, unpacks, stores, and issues general or specialized goods and supplies in compliance with Quality requirements.
- Assigns inventory/stock numbers and location to new stock, as needed.
- Inputs and retrieves inventory information using a computer work station, and verifies information on computer-generated documents.
- Performs sanitation of Drivers, Accessories, etc. in compliance with Quality requirements.
- Assists in the distribution of work orders and sales orders, as needed.
- The reconditioning of shipping containers for all applicable equipment.
- Shop Orders (create, kitting, distributing parts, closing)
- Assisting with inventory counts in order to ensure accurate quantity and location of inventory.
- Printing of product labeling and instructions for use in compliance with Quality requirements.
- Ensures the accuracy of shipments for all SynCardia product and materials as well as the return of any SynCardia product and/or materials in compliance with Quality requirements.
- Ensures security of supplies, equipment, and materials by taking precautions to secure warehouse contents against loss or damage.
- Conduct daily inventory counts of Finished Goods.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to the product, process and Quality System.
- Identify and record potential problems relating to the product, process and Quality System.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma / GED.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of supplies, tools, and equipment and related technology; modern storekeeping methods and practices.
- Computer application skills.
- Experience in material transaction systems, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to improve and strive for excellence.
- A team player.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay; commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package is available.
Equal Opportunity Employer