Here at SynCardia we have a very special mission: to give end-stage heart failure patients the priceless gift of more time. More time with their families and friends, more time outside the hospital enjoying life and more time to receive a heart transplant.
As one of our Manufacturing Heart Technicians, you will be responsible for hand manufacturing the components we use to create these lifesaving Total Artificial Heart systems. This is an entry level hourly position. The ideal candidates possess great hand-eye coordination and attention to detail. Must have the ability to hold your arms and hands steady when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all Total Artificial Heart (TAH) assembly operations by assembling all components and sub-assemblies in compliance with applicable written procedures.
- Perform required manufacturing tests in compliance with Quality requirements to insure optimal performance of finished product.
- Coordinate TAH assembly activities to meet required Quality criteria and customer and production schedules.
- Identify and record potential problems relating to the product, process and Quality System.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Perform all necessary related tasks with minimal supervision.
- Operate all necessary equipment and tools required in assembly operations.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications used in all aspects of assembly procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and a team player.
- Must possess an proficient ability to read, write, comprehend and speak English.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of manufacturing experience or equivalent.
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to identify requirements of internal and external customers and satisfy them in accordance with regulations and company Quality policies.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers and supervisors.
*Working Environment is a Controlled Environment Suite (CES)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision/color vision/ peripheral vision/ability to adjust focus. Wearing contact lenses in the CES is prohibited
- Personal protective equipment “PPE” equipment must be worn to minimize exposure to hazards that cause serious workplace injuries and illnesses. PPE may include items such as gloves, safety glasses and shoes, earplugs or muffs, hard hats, respirators, or coveralls, vests and full body suits.
- Occasionally required to stand, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl, work near moving mechanical parts, exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather), and lift/move 40 pounds.
- Continually required to sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity, talk or hear, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather), work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals, and lift/move 5 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Additional restrictions regarding work in the laboratory environment:
- No facial cosmetics or fragrances.
- Personal items stored outside lab (phones, jewelry, watches
- No food or drink at any time within the CES
- Adherence to strict requirements regarding special and protective clothing.
SynCardia Systems, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tucson, AZ 85713: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How many years of Clean Room experience do you have?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Assembly: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance