Here at SynCardia, we have a very special mission: to give end-stage heart failure patients the priceless gift of more time. More time with their families and friends, more time outside the hospital enjoying life, and more time to receive a heart transplant.
As one of our Failure Investigation Technicians, you will be responsible for conducting failure investigations on production units and returned equipment (Drivers).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to investigation priorities per procedures and policies in collaboration with Quality, Global Logistics and other departments as required
- Perform all Production Service operations to the highest degree of reliability while in compliance with applicable written procedures and document findings.
- Perform all assembly operations, assemble all components and sub-assemblies in compliance with applicable written procedures.
- Perform required production manufacturing and operational tests in compliance with Quality requirements to insure optimal performance of finished product.
- Identify and record potential problems relating to the product, process, and Quality System.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide process improvements through designated channels.
- Record and/or report all instances of customer feedback on product
- Support the daily production and long term goals of the Operations department.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) and provide input for process improvements.
- Operate all necessary equipment and tools required in assembly operations.
- Read and interpret component drawings, specifications and electrical schematics used in all aspects of assembly procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and a team player with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of required equipment operation
- Results oriented with very good communication skills
- High energy individual, very hands-on
- Excellent writing skills Strong organizational skills Detail oriented
- Must possess a proficient ability to read, write, comprehend, and speak English
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of electronic equipment experience or equivalent
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to identify requirements of internal and external customers and satisfy them in accordance with regulations and company Quality policies.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers and supervisors.
*Working Environment is a Controlled Environment Suite (CES)
- WorkStation Area: Driver Manufacturing Area
- The working environment is indoors and is seasonally heated and cooled.
- The position requires the ability to move objects of less than 70 pounds.
- The position requires the ability to communicate in person, telephonically and via email.
- No food or drink in the Driver Manufacturing Area.
- Occasionally required to stand, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl, work near moving mechanical parts, exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather), and lift/move 40 pounds.
- Continually required to sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity, talk or hear, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather), work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals, and lift/move 5 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SynCardia Systems, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tucson, AZ 85713: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance