SynCardia Systems, LLC (www.syncardia.com), located at 1992 E. Silverlake Rd., Tucson, AZ 85713, USA; its parent company, Versa Capital Management, LLC (www.versa.com), located at 2929 Arch St., #1800, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA; and SynCardia Systems Europe GmbH, located in Bad Oeynhausen, Germany (jointly, “SynCardia”, “we”, “us” and “our”), respect your right to privacy. SynCardia Systems, LLC, is the controller of the data collected on our site. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
What personal information do we collect?
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our website. We will not collect personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Some pages on this website provide online contact forms that request personal information. Personal information is information that identifies you individually, such as your name, mailing address, email address, professional affiliation, phone number or other information that is specific to you.
- We collect personally identifiable information (name, email address, mailing address or other unique identifier) only if specifically and knowingly provided by you.
What do we use the personal information for?
- Personally identifiable information that you provide will be used only in connection with the purposes described at the point of collection. Any information that you provide to SynCardia must be true, accurate, current, non-misleading and consistent for the purpose for which you are providing the information.
- Information is collected for statistical purposes in order to measure visitor interest in the various areas of our site. SynCardia uses the personal information collected on contact forms to respond to your comments and questions, to keep you up to date on SynCardia news and to learn more about our website visitors.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep the personal information we collect from you only if we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Who do we share personal information with?
- We do not give, sell or transfer any personal information to a third party. We will disclose information to third parties only in aggregate, de-identified form.
How do we transfer personal information outside of your country?
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you live. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our servers are located in the United States and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have utilized appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These safeguards include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect the personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with the European Union data protection law.
Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided on request. Our third party service providers and partners have implemented similar appropriate safeguards and further details can be provided upon request.
How can you opt-out of marketing?
Should you decide to opt-out of receiving future communications from SynCardia, please use the “update your preferences” or “unsubscribe from this list” links included at the bottom of every SynCardia email notice. This is the most effective way to guarantee that you do not receive further SynCardia communications.
How do we keep your personal information safe?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we use include Symantec Endpoint Protection suite for all workstations, Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 for additional security/spam filtering and Cisco Firepower System.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of the marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “update my preferences” or “unsubscribe from this list” links in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries, including the United States and Canada, are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.